Friday, February 16, 2007

Mail Rules!

ail Rules

So strolling to the post office today after school, not feeling the greatest. School could be going better I think. I deliver some outgoing mail and check my box. Two letters and a package! The Kohr G-rents, thank you so much for the vacuumed sealed tuna and fish. It is going to be great tonight for dinner after my run.


Running, by the way, is my new favorite activity. I have run only twice so far, but both have been great. I hit a gravel road and am quickly out of my little town. I quickly transition into rural Africa. Traditional homesteads, blue sky for as long as you can see and cattle. I get similar looks from the cattle as I do the people. They both just stare and me and wonder what I am doing. The kids run to the fence of their homestead and scream “Oshilumbo” until I give them a wave. I have yet to have kids come up next to me and join in on my run but I am sure/hoping that will soon happen. Its great. I run with the sun at my back then turn around and end my run under an African sunset.


Hope all is well.


Keith

1 comment:

josephine said...

We miss her Keith! I am so excited for both of you - you had the courage to accept an incredible challenge. So proud of you guys! Running in the sunset in Africa - who would ever have thought! Lots of prayers are with you! Momma G.